2018 Summer Update Letter

 

July 1, 2018

Greetings from your Shadowood Board.

We hope that you are enjoying your summer.  Please remember that if you intend to modify the exterior of your property, our CC&Rs require that you submit your plans for approval.  If you need a form, please call or email one of the board members (or check our new website and print it outJ).

  • We have scheduled a Summer Potluck Dinner to give everyone a chance to get together and socialize with their neighbors. The event will be Thursday, August 23 at 6 PM near the tennis courts.  To avoid mailing costs and to keep the information current, keep an eye on the mailboxes (and the website)—we’ll post an announcement on each box.  If you have suggestions, or would like to volunteer to help out, please let a board member know-it’ll be much appreciated!
  • CC&R Revisions Update—Susie managed to collect four more responses and Nick also received one more. The voting to date is:
CC&R Change Proposal 7/01/2018
Received 56
2/3 = 58
Issue Yes No
Animals 53 1
Antennas 50 3
Campers 47 7
Business 55 1
Structures 52 3
Noise 47 6
Ads 50 2
Parking 43 9
Rentals 42 9
Fines 48 3

Note: not everyone voted on every issue, so the number of votes do not match the number of ballots received.

  • Unfortunately, we have had very little success in collecting enough responses to the proposed CC&R changes to be able to make any new procedures possible. The lack of interest in this process, as well as the difficulty encountered in trying to find owners who might be willing to serve on the board has led us to investigate the feasibility of hiring a management company to handle day to day management of Shadowood.  In the past, Shadowood has used an accountant to handle accounts payable and receivable, and it may be desirable to return to that practice.
  • John has created a web site which will allow everyone to keep up to date with everything that is going on in Shadowood. We will post meeting agendas, meeting minutes, anything new that comes up–at the website.  For those on the current email list, we will send out a notice when the site is updated so you can check there.  All comments and suggestions for improvements will be much appreciated. Go to 815-826-9186 and let us know what you think!
  • The usual additional reminders. All trash receptacles are to be placed out of sight of the street except on collection days—preferably in the garage.  Campers, motor homes, trailers, and/or boats are permitted to be left on the driveway or street for a period not to exceed five days.  Parking is a major issue in some areas.  Your garage and driveway are intended to be your primary parking locations.  Please do not park your vehicles in guest parking areas, thereby making your neighbor’s guests unable to park conveniently.
  • If you’re interested in the most current picture of what is happening in the Community, please consider attending a board meeting—we’d really like to see you. Generally, board meetings occur the first Monday evening of each month, but summer makes scheduling difficult, and we also try not to schedule meetings if there is nothing happening that makes them necessary, so please contact a board member to confirm.

Very best wishes for an enjoyable summer!!

May Board Report

Shadowood Board Meeting                                                       May 7, 2018

 

Present:            John Zacrep, Peggy Good, Eric Wright, Nick Barbatsis

 

John called the meeting to order at 6:31 pm.

 

Minutes of the April 9 meeting were approved as written.

Treasurer’s report was reviewed and accepted.

 

Old Business:

 

  • CC&R Revisions Update—Susie managed to collect four more responses. The voting to date is:

 

CC&R Change Proposal 5/07/2018
Received 54
2/3 = 58
Issue Yes No
Animals 51 1
Antennas 48 3
Campers 46 6
Business 53 1
Structures 50 3
Noise 45 6
Ads 48 2
Parking 41 9
Rentals 40 9
Fines 46 3
 
     

We will continue to work to collect more responses.

 

New Business:

  • John has been working to construct a website. We will continue with this and hope to launch it in the next few months.

 

Committee Reports:

  • Landscape:
    • No new information
  • Hospitality:
    • Two homes are in final sales process. Susie will contact the new owners with a new member packet when closings are complete.
  • Roads and Repairs
    • Peggy will write up a number of scenarios that have been suggested and we will discuss them at the next meeting. Any resident who is interested is invited to attend or contact a board member to make sure their opinions are included.  Work continues on this item.

 

Requests to Modify

  • No new items

 

Mail and Correspondence

  • No new items

 

 

 

There being no other business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:50 PM.  The next meeting will be held June 11 at 6 PM at 1009 NW Springwod Lane.

(641) 345-4846

Shadowood Board Meeting                                                           April 9, 2018

 

Present:         John Zacrep, Peggy Good, Eric Wright, Susie Boyer, Nick Barbatsis

 

John called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.

 

Minutes of the January 15 meeting were approved as written.  No meetings were held in February or March because of illness and scheduling conflicts.

 

Treasurer’s report was reviewed and accepted.

 

Old Business:

 

  • CC&R Revisions Update—50 responses have been received. Each board member volunteered to personally contact residents and owners who have not responded so that we can complete this effort.

 

New Business:

  • See committee reports

 

Committee Reports:

  • Landscape:
    • There continues to be a concern about care of the lawn area behind Driftwood. Sprinklers were adjusted and replaced last year in an attempt to correct any issues.  Peggy will contact Cascadia so that they are aware and will pay special attention to the area.
  • Hospitality:
    • Two homes are in final sales process. Susie will contact the new owners with a new member packet when closings are complete.
  • Roads and Repairs
    • Peggy will write up a number of scenarios that have been suggested and we will discuss them at the next meeting. Any resident who is interested is invited to attend or contact a board member to make sure their opinions are included.

 

Requests to Modify

  • No new items

 

Mail and Correspondence

  • First Federal New Regulatory Requirement for Beneficial Ownership and Managing Member Identification

 

 

 

There being no other business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:54 PM.  The next meeting will be held May 7 at 6:30 PM at 1009 NW Springwood Lane.

March Board report

Shadowood Board Meeting                                                           March 5, 2018

 

No meeting was held—next meeting scheduled April 9 at 6:30 pm.

718-989-0324

Shadowood Board Meeting                                                           February 5, 2018

 

No meeting was held—next meeting scheduled March 5 at 6:00 pm.